BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Full Article Publishing in RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
70sFlashback

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Full Article Publishing in RSS Feed Reply with quote

Hey John,

I noticed today that since around mid-March, my blog is no longer publishing full site feeds...The articles/posts are now partial. Not necessarily short summary format but all articles now show the ellipses (...).

I've searched my admin settings and unless my "dunce" cap is on, I can't figure out where this has changed since BlogHarbor by default always published full feeds with no option to change that.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

TL
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: Full Article Publishing in RSS Feed Reply with quote

If your blog post has an excerpt, the excerpt is contained in the RSS feed rather than the full text of the article. The RSS feed now matches the preferences of the post itself. If your article has an excerpt ending in ellipses, so will your RSS feed...
70sFlashback

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: Full Article Publishing in RSS Feed Reply with quote

Ah...So I need to turn off article excerpts to enable full text feeds in RSS. Gotcha.

Thanks!

Thomas

john wrote:
If your blog post has an excerpt, the excerpt is contained in the RSS feed rather than the full text of the article. The RSS feed now matches the preferences of the post itself. If your article has an excerpt ending in ellipses, so will your RSS feed...
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: