BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Page Width

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glinda

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Page Width Reply with quote

Okay gang, I have tried to figure this out, but I just can't. My Blog, and even this page as I write, doesn't fill up my entire screen. I don't know if it is something I have done wrong within the Blog setup or with my computer setup, but it's driving me crazy. Shocked Can anyone help me so that I don't have about 4 inches of blank space on either side of the blog? I'm a beginner, so please be gentle. Very Happy

Thanks a bunch!

Glinda
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Page Width Reply with quote

My Blog ... doesn't fill up my entire screen.

Our original set of color schemes were full screen designs. In these schemes, the layout expands to match the size of the user's screen:
  • Antique
  • Autumn
  • BlackNBlue
  • Bleen
  • Blogware
  • Bold Yellow
  • Grello
  • Minimalist
  • Minimalist Green
  • Minimalist Red
  • Olive
  • Open Blue
  • Purple
  • Rose
  • Salmon
  • Simple Grey
  • Simply Red
  • Slashdot
  • Slate
  • Sunset
  • Terracotta
  • Viridity
Some users prefered the aesthetic of a fixed width design centered on the page, so we created a set of 10 additional color schemes using that design model:
  • Beach
  • Cranberry
  • Greybeard
  • Lime
  • Midori
  • Pale
  • Prince
  • Shore
  • Spring
  • Whiteout
So the easiest way to accomplish your goal is to change your color scheme to one of the full screen designs in the top list.

If you prefer the design of one of the fixed width designs, and wish to customize it to a full screen look, we can provide some customization instructions. We also published some instructions called How to Center your Blog which showed how to go in the other direction, customizing one of the full page designs to go fixed width.

...even this page as I write, doesn't fill up my entire screen.

This page was designed that way. It is not customizable. You can change the way your pages look, but you can't change the design of this page.
Glinda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your help. I'm sure you get tired of answering silly questions like this one, so thank you for being so kind about it.

Have a great day!
Glinda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's me again... I changed my template to Slashdot, but the Blog still doesn't fill up the screen. I copied and pasted the info to change the width, but it still looks the same. I'm sorry to be such trouble, but I just can't figure this out...

Thanks!
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'd need you to tell us your blog address so we could look at your blog in order to help with this.
Glinda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure...it's:

http://masseyfamily.blogharbor.com/blog

Thanks so much!
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you did in fact already follow our How to Center your Blog instructions for altering your style template to modify the full screen designs to become fixed width, centered designs.

Just go back and remove the changes you made to your style template, and your blog design will change back to a full screen design.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: