BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Anyone got Flock?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wood

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Anyone got Flock? Reply with quote

I got invited on the dev preview for Flock yesterday and so far it looks pretty sweet (using it right now, in fact). One of the big reasons I was looking forward to it is because of it's built-in blog editor which, unfortunately, doesn't seem to be working with Blog Harbor. I've been able to use Flock's auto-discovery to find my two blogs and everything seems to be set up correctly but I can't post with Flock (ecto works fine). More unfortunately, Flock doesn't have any sort of console that I can find, so while Flock will tell me something's wrong, it doesn't give me anything more specific than that. I've written the developers about this already so now I ask my fellow Blog Harbor users:

Is anyone else out there playing with Flock and have you gotten it to work?

Thx
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone got Flock? Reply with quote

I just tried Flock to post a test post, I can guarantee it is configured properly, and had no success. We implement the blogging APIs perfectly according to many blog client developers, which is why you have no problem using Blogjet, ecto, etc. to post to your blog, so I think it's safe to say that this pre-release version of Flock is the problem and nothing with our service.

Just did some searches and see that we are not the only ones to experience this issue...

If you are unable to find out anything from them, let us know and we'll see if we can debug from a network level to see if we can see what they are sending incorrectly.
Wood

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Thanks for the confirmation. Reply with quote

John,

Thanks, that was kind of what I was expecting to hear. From what I've also seen around the web, Flock is having these kinds of issues lots of other places too. I haven't yet heard anything from the Flock devs or from their mailing list that addresses this, but when I do I'll be sure to share it here.
des

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update. I just tried to use Flock. As above, recognised my blogs, no problem. But just jammed on the publishing step.
Author, 7 Step Business Blog
http://www.7stepbusinessblog.com
Wood

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Posting with Flock Reply with quote

Dan,

I've been using Flock now for a couple of weeks and I think I've seen similar behavior when trying to publish: You click the publish button and Flock will hang on the progress bar until you hit cancel, without ever giving you a confirmation. Is this what you're seeing? In my experience, even though it doesn't look like Flock is having any success, it actually does work and my posts do get published.

I am curious to know how you got Flock to find your blog though. I had to fool it into opening up the manual settings dialog myself.
des

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I just found that it had indeed published. The 'hanging' behaviour did fool me, which is why I posted as I did.

I had no problem getting Flock to find the blog - just entered my userid and password. In fact it found the two blogs I have under that password.

One limitation I see is that it does not have a list of my already established keywords. Maybe I need to print out a list to have at the ready. And I imagine there is a geekier solution with some sort of popup, for those with the appropriate skills Smile
Author, 7 Step Business Blog
http://www.7stepbusinessblog.com
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: