BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Works In Firefox, Never Appears On IE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
antderosa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:21 am    Post subject: Works In Firefox, Never Appears On IE Reply with quote

I'm having trouble figuring out what it is about my website that does not allow it to load in Internet Explorer.

It works fine on Firefox. I've tried to debug it as best I can but still can't figure out what it is. I tried removing all elements of the page.

Any ideas.

You can check my site at http://www.hotfootblog.com
abacquer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just viewed it in IE6. It looked find to me.
antderosa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I was testing it on IE7 and it never loads anything but a blank page.

Thanks for checking for me.
gristgal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive the snark, but it just goes to show how (in)consistent Micro$haft products are. And yeah, I know that if something isn't visible to MSIE users, you're missing a big fat slice of your readers, and the percentage of readers that stay with MS will increasingly be using v.7 rather than v.6.

Good luck figuring out how to make it visible to v.7 users! Just a stab in the dark, but could there be something strange about how v.7 processes the css file? The authors of the best HTML text I've got have much to say about the idiosyncracies of MSIE processing of stylesheets. It stands to reason that they'd have changed how v.7 does it, given that the processing was so loose for v.6.

Good luck with the problem!
gristgal
Wormeater

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Download IE7 Official Release Reply with quote

Hi there,

There are two problems:

1. chikita and Amazon are eating your load time - review your ads

2. you are most likely using IE7 Beta. Download the NEW IE7 Officila Release - 14MB - and enjoy the results.

C'mon, gristgal, give us some peace!
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: Download IE7 Official Release Reply with quote

The Web Site Analyzer shows you are loading 75 http objects (html, images, scripts, iframes) on a typical page, from 19 exernal hosts... That's a lot of objects; it took about 33 seconds to render your page on my network, which is a pretty fast fiber connection.

Keep in mind that not only will it take time for a browser to render this many objects in the best of cases but that a delay on any of those external sites will dramatically slow down the rendering of your pages...

Please let us know if updating to the final version of IE7 solves your problem.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: