BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Something wrong with the template? Or css?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gristgal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: Something wrong with the template? Or css? Reply with quote

I decided to look at a (very) old post that got a spammed trackback yesterday. When I pulled it up, the page was in a wide format.

http://gristandgristle.blogharbor.com/blog/_archives/2005/8/15/1135809.html

I opened the page in edit mode, and have copied out the source mode and looked at it. I even took it into NoteTab so I could have it manipulate the HTML separately from the text. I don't see anything that should make it spread out like that. I see that a div was inserted when it was imported to Blog Harbor from the previous host, but ... this is just weird. And there are no graphics in the page. Why is it doing this?

Thanks,
gristgal
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Something wrong with the template? Or css? Reply with quote

See this thread for the explanation: one of your comments has a long word that the web browser can not break, which makes that line push the column out wider than it otherwise would have been.

I see that a div was inserted when it was imported to Blog Harbor from the previous host.

Just for the record, that is not correct. Nothing was changed when your blog was moved from its previous host.
gristgal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. If I ever meet Pouncer in the flesh, I think I'll bang him on the head, whether it's with a cane, or a 987-word hyphenated string isn't clear in my mind just yet. Razz But I will definitely bend his ear, one way or another. That looks just horrendous. I'd forgotten about it. What makes it worse is that he's a nice guy, but OH, that WORD-STRING!! Owwwww Rolling Eyes
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: