BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Post Article Box Messed Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phil arnold

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Post Article Box Messed Up Reply with quote

For the last two days, I have been unable to use most of the "Post" article box features that enhance blog articles. For example, the toolbar at the top is missing several icons, especially those for adding hyperlinks and photos. Also, there are no options at the bottom for changing the font style and size. What happened and how can I get these features back?

Another problem occurs when I go into Post Manager and look at an old article. Instead of being in text, it is HTML code. I don't see anything to click to switch back. Can you help me get Post Manager back to normal?

Thanks, Phil Arnold
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Post Article Box Messed Up Reply with quote

Read this to learn how to enable or disable the rich text editor.

Keep in mind Safari on Mac for example does not support the Rich Text Editor.
phil arnold

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John: Thanks for the prompt answer, as usual. I clicked on the link you gave me and clicked on the box "Enable Rich-Text Editor. That solved the problem.

I'd like to learn a little here. Is Rich-Text what most of your bloggers use? What are the advantages and disadvantages? I have seen what my blog looks like on a Mac with Safari, and it is not good. Is there any way to provide Mac users with a normal looking page. Is this Safari problem unique to Blog Harbor, or do other platforms, say Blogger, have this problem, too?

Thanks, Phil Arnold, www.elvisblog.net
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Rich-Text what most of your bloggers use?

Probably.

What are the advantages and disadvantages?

I think you are misunderstanding... This is just an editor that helps you make HTML. There's nothing different about what your user sees when you create content in the WYSIWYG mode or in the plain text mode. If it's easier for you to create content in WYSIWYG mode, you are free to do so. If not, you can do that too.

I have seen what my blog looks like on a Mac with Safari, and it is not good.

Then you are free to fix it, the problems don't look to be with the default template we provide but with your customizations...

Is there any way to provide Mac users with a normal looking page.

Sure, just fix your page.

Is this Safari problem unique to Blog Harbor, or do other platforms, say Blogger, have this problem, too?

No, it's just your changes causing this, not our platform.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, your blog looks messed up to me on Firefox too... Try removing that "networked blogs" component and see if that fixes things...
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: