BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Publishing Traffic Statistics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
70sFlashback

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Publishing Traffic Statistics Reply with quote

Hey John,

Quick question, can you develop a way to publish blogharbor stats on our blogs? I've been experimenting with a couple of 3rd party stats and they are all report numbers much different than what BlogHarbor is reporting.

That would be a fantanstic added feature. Certainly there is a way to make this easily possible right?

Thanks!

Thomas
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Publishing Traffic Statistics Reply with quote

Quick question, can you develop a way to publish blogharbor stats on our blogs?

You mean to put them in public view on the blog itself? It would be possible to develop, but it is not a feature that is in development at this time.

Certainly there is a way to make this easily possible right?

There is no way to make this easily possible...

I've been experimenting with a couple of 3rd party stats and they are all report numbers much different than what BlogHarbor is reporting.

As I am sure they always will. There is no way to get two stats reporting systems to agree on anything. As we talked about here and here for example:
  • Stats analysis is subjective and based on interpretation of data.
  • 3rd Party stats by definition are not party to every transaction between the server and a web client.
A search engine robot, for example, is less likely to be seen by a third party stats service. Further, some users do things like turn off Javascript in their web browser, or disable some sites images loading from specific sites. This would mean that stats services like SiteMeter and the like will simply not know anything about visits by certain classes of visitors.

Due to these facts, third party stats will almost always under-report the activity on your web site.
Roaring Tiger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: great reason to expand BlogHarbor's stats capabilities Reply with quote

John,

What you just said is one of my frustrations with the stats programs. I'd still love to see BlogHarbor expand its stats capabilities and I'd still be willing to pay extra for the value.

I use 3dstats as one of my third-party of choice stats providers and it's costing me about $9 per month. Also the free version of SiteMeter (mainly because I hope Truth Laid Bear will return to offer new blogs the ability to join and they tie to it). I love the drill-down detail you can get per user and the reporting flexibility.

If BlogHarbor widened its stats offering to include the per-user drill down and the ability to track files, etc. I'd be happy to give you all that extra $9 a month instead. You could even do like SiteMeter and offer users a choice. Stats Lite for free (what you have now) or Stats More for extra money (with details, details, details).

Very Happy

RT
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: great reason to expand BlogHarbor's stats capabilities Reply with quote

A forthcoming update to the service will offer increased information in your Site Stats area. That update is not too far off, so let's take a look at the Site Stats at that point, and see what kinds of things you're still looking for.
70sFlashback

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Thanks again. Reply with quote

Hi John,

Yes I do remember our previous conversations on Traffic stats thanks. I figured that making stats available on the blog home page for viewing wouldn't be easy but I said "easily" anyway with my fingers crossed. Smile

Thanks again for the prompt reply. Much appreciated. Looking forward to the updated stats. Smile

Regards,

Thomas
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: