BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Publishing an article in the future

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ojedapaco

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:58 pm    Post subject: Publishing an article in the future Reply with quote

Greetings from Puerto Vallarta!

I notice, when creating an article, that I can publish it using "Today's Date" or "Date in the Past." However, the latter allows me to enter a date in the future.

I will be out of town on the date in which I'm schedule to publish one of my podcasts, and I wanted to know if I can send it a couple of days prior, with a future publish date.

Thanks, John!

Paco

The VU: Vallarta Undiscovered
Puerto Vallarta's First Podcast
www.vallartaundiscovered.com

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Publishing an article in the future Reply with quote

I will be out of town on the date in which I'm schedule to publish one of my podcasts, and I wanted to know if I can send it a couple of days prior, with a future publish date.

Posting to the future is not yet available; we do expect to make this feature available in an upcoming system upgrade.
smokedc

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: publishing in the future function is important but.... Reply with quote

Just want to add comment, that publishing in the future is extremely important for me. But this also works for me: I publish each night, before midnight, but I'd like to be able to have the date reflect the following day. (most of my traffic begins with the workday) What I now do on blogger (planning migration to blogharbor) is, for instance, publish on a Monday night, say 10 p.m., but the post will say Tuesday.

Is there a way to now fudge the date time stamp? Can I do that by changing the time zone settings?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: publishing in the future function is important but.... Reply with quote

We expect to have "posting to the future" available by the end of next month.
70sFlashback

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: publishing in the future function is important but.... Reply with quote

Oh Schwweeeeeeeeeet!!!!!

john wrote:
We expect to have "posting to the future" available by the end of next month.
tigersi

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: not bugging you but am interested... Reply with quote

Hi John,

I'm not bugging you but I'm also interested in the future posting. Any updated ETA on its availability?

Roaring Tiger

P.S. Have you considered posting a development calendar so curious folks can peek at future plans (and development status) in one convenient place?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: not bugging you but am interested... Reply with quote

I'm not bugging you but I'm also interested in the future posting. Any updated ETA on its availability?

There is no change this status of this feature since my previous statement regarding it just four days ago.

Have you considered posting a development calendar so curious folks can peek at future plans (and development status) in one convenient place?

We've considered and it decided it is not something we will do. We're not only creating software, but building a hardware platform to support it and deploying this combination while maintaining it around the clock. Any of those aspects may need our full attention without notice. While there is certainly an internal schedule, it often becomes necessary to re-prioritize at a moment's notice, case in point being the trackback spam attacks which began earlier this spring...

As a result of the trackback spam attacks, defending the system against these attacks became priority one. Providing you with enhanced tools to manage trackback tools had to be moved up in priority. Referer spam increased and we had to prioritize development of defenses against that in order to protect you against theft of your resources.

Some of the results of these efforts happened and continues to happen behind the scenes as we update the software to defend itself more effectively, and add additional hardware capacity to give the system more muscle. You began to see the results of those efforts in your control panel with the update on April 28, and will see another update tomorrow evening.

I bring this all up to explain why we try not to make statements about the development schedule, my recent statement about the availability of posting to the future notwithstanding. That feature would have been available long ago, if we didn't have to literally drop everything as a result of the "evil doers."

In order to avoid making promises that it may sometimes become impossible to keep, we won't be making the internal development schedules public. Thanks for understanding.

And the next time we make a statement regarding the availability of posting to the future will be the announcement of the downtime we'll need to do the upgrade. Wink

Last edited by john on Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
70sFlashback

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: not bugging you but am interested... Reply with quote

Great response John,

I know as customers we can be quite demanding even if it's within a positive context. BlogHarbor has come soo far since I first began using the service. I never tire of mentioning BlogHarbor anytime I can. Smile

Continued success to you and while you cannot service every request we make or accomodate every desire...I for one, know personally that you and your team indeed put "us" first in everything that "you" do here at BlogHarbor.

TL

http://blogforfunandprofit.blogware.com/blog

john wrote:

There is no change this status of this feature since my previous statement regarding its just four days ago.

Have you considered posting a development calendar so curious folks can peek at future plans (and development status) in one convenient place?

We've considered and it decided it is not something we will do. We're not only creating software, but building a hardware platform to support it and deploying this combination while maintaining it around the clock. Any of those aspects may need our full attention without notice. While there is certainly an internal schedule, it often becomes necessary to re-prioritize at a moment's notice, case in point being the trackback spam attacks which began earlier this spring...

As a result of the trackback spam attacks, defending the system against these attacks became priority one. Providing you with enhanced tools to manage trackback tools had to be moved up in priority. Referer spam increased and we had to prioritize development of defenses against that in order to protect you against theft of your resources.

Some of the results of these efforts happened and continues to happen behind the scenes as we update the software to defend itself more effectively, and add additional hardware capacity to give the system more muscle. You began to see the results of those efforts in your control panel with the update on April 28, and will see another update tomorrow evening.

I bring this all up to explain why we try not to make statements about the development schedule, my recent statement about the availability of posting to the future notwithstanding. That feature would have been available long ago, if we didn't have to literally drop everything as a result of the "evil doers."

In order to avoid making promises that it may sometimes become impossible to keep, we won't be making the internal development schedules public. Thanks for understanding.

And the next time we make a statement regarding the availability of posting to the future will be the announcement of the downtime we'll need to do the upgrade. Wink
tigersi

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Thanks for the info Reply with quote

Thanks John,

I'm with 70sFlashback. BlogHarbor's service is fabulous and keeps getting better.

Also, I appreciate your straightforward communique on the "way it is." It's beneficial to put priorities into context and I agree your team's focus on combating spamming issues is more important.

RT

http://bigcatchronicles.blogharbor.com
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: