BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
what happens if a site doesn't offer trackbacks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lsquared

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: what happens if a site doesn't offer trackbacks? Reply with quote

In the various trackback tutorials in the blogharbor forums, it says to click on the comment facility in a blog, and the trackback url will appear. About half the time, when i do this, no trackback facility appears. What does this mean?

Also, some blogs, or web sites that say they are blogs, do not have Comment areas. Do they have trackbacks some where else?

thanks.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: what happens if a site doesn't offer trackbacks? Reply with quote

Not all weblogs provide for trackbacks. If you don't see anything listed on the blog, chances are it simply does not offer trackbacks. Typically, the free services such as Blogger do not offer trackbacks.
tigersi

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: creating trackbacks Reply with quote

I've found Halcyon doesn't auto-trackback.

I do almost all of my composing in BlogJet and do my pre-post finalizations in the BlogHarbor editor (because BlogJet doesn't do key words and such well).

What I do now when I link to another blog article iis copy the trackback address from the linked site into the bottom of my blog article. This ensures I have the trackback address. Then when I do the final posting in BlogHarbor, if the trackback address isn't auto-entered into BlogHarbor, I just copy from my article into the BlogHarbor space (and then delete it from my article).

Roaring Tiger
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: