BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to include my custom post_comment_inline.html?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shenia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: How to include my custom post_comment_inline.html? Reply with quote

I'd like to modify the content of post_comment_inline.html
But you recommended including my own custom post_comment_inline.html in my Article pages, since I can't modify this kind of internal template.

In this way, coule you help to provide a complete example of post_comment_inline.html's content?
That is, I need to know what fields can be included.

If you can post the real content of this html file,
that would save both of us a lot of efforts.

Thank you in advance.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: How to include my custom post_comment_inline.html? Reply with quote

If you can post the real content of this html file, that would save both of us a lot of efforts.

Actually, there really isn't such an HTML file per se. Our system generates almost all of that dynamically depending on whether or not you are logged in, whether or not your blog allows HTML comments, and maybe a few other things.

I will see if we can get some example code for you which would represent that next week. Keep in mind that the reason this template is not exposed for customization is that its contents are subject to change. So it's possible that we may change something in the future which would make it necessary for you to modify your customizations...
shenia

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the prompt reply.
My blog settings now is allowing anonymous comments.
Would you please let me know what fields can be put in my comment form?
Showing an example of this kind of form could help a lot.
Thank you very much!
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what you are asking for here... As noted earlier, we'll try to get you the code for this template next week if it can be done. If you want to know the HTML of the comment form as you see it, you can just look at the HTML in your browser, right?

I may be misunderstanding your question, if so please let me know what you are looking for...
shenia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mm..I've just experienced what you said about the dynamic properties of this post_comment_inline.html file.
Yeah...its content indeed changes with the situation whether I'm allowing readers to leave comments without signing in or not, and even changes after the readers sign in.. Now I get what you said....
Sorry for asking before exploring this feature more deeply..

Originally I determined to let readers leave comments anonymously...but after reading more and more in this forum I've changed my mind...so I'm going to put restriction on the comment stuff... and here comes another question:
If I really wanna customize post_comment_inline.html , I have no idea how to put the sign in form alone with the comment form in my article page...(since your post_comment_inline.html integrates both forms)
So if you're gonna try to provide me the code of this template...it will contain the sign in part, right?

Moreover, I see there's a part of code in Article page:

==============================
{{if comments}}
<div class="commentsHead">Comments</div>
{{elsif can_post}}
{{elsif article.show_comment_signup}}
{{/if}}
==============================

I have no idea what's the meaning of this conditional..!?
And it's followed by
{{include name="forms/comment_notices.html"}}

What's "forms/comment_notices.html" here used for?

One more question..none about this topic..(sorry for asking so much ~_~)

I've tried to create a reader account within my own blog, and see that after clicking " create reader account" link, I'll be taken to a page showing what I'll be able to subscribe after logining in or signing up...
I've seen a lot of such pages that can't be customized that can be called when exploring the blog...I understand the reason why it can't be customized...but is there so not any chance to do it?
I'm concerned about it because most of my readers would be more comfortable if the whole blog is in Chinese... and it's really kind of inconsistent when some parts of the same blog is in Chinese while some is in English....

However, I really love blogware and here, and truly appreciate your kindly help and prompt support.
Thank you anyway!
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if you're gonna try to provide me the code of this template...it will contain the sign in part, right?

I'll try and get the whole thing for you.

I have no idea what's the meaning of this conditional..!?

In a nutshell, this displays a header if necessary. You won't see a header if comments are not allowed and there are no previous comments.

What's "forms/comment_notices.html" here used for?

That's where we put the stuff like a button to Enable Comment Notifications, if you are logged in and if Comment Notifications are allowed on the blog.

I'm concerned about it because most of my readers would be more comfortable if the whole blog is in Chinese... and it's really kind of inconsistent when some parts of the same blog is in Chinese while some is in English....

At this time, that signup is a network signup, the user can create an account which can be used on any blog in our system. So it's not something you can update.

We are working on an internationalization effort which will allow users to specify what language they want to see the blog system in. This is under development, and the first languages will not likely include Chinese, and I can't say at all when we might see the first fruits of this effort, but I do want you to know that we are working towards the goal of having blogs which allow users to see the interface in their own language....
shenia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you John...I'm happy to hear that you're going towards internationalization...
I'll wait for your code as well as the first fruits of your great efforts!!^^
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: