BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Can I setup component titles to be clickable (to hyperlink)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:23 pm    Post subject: Can I setup component titles to be clickable (to hyperlink) Reply with quote

Can I setup component titles to be clickable (to hyperlink).

I would want the hyperlink to send the user to a page with the component they clicked on as the main topic..

Like,
lets say we have an rss feed component box that is intitled"CNN news"

I would want the user to be able to click on "CNN news" and then a page would be pulled up with the sole (or main) content on the page is just the rss feeds (that were in the component box).

I know I could modify away and maybe a week later have something like this.. but is there an easy way to do this?

thanks!

Trend
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Can I setup component titles to be clickable (to hyperli Reply with quote

In general, yes. You should be able to customize component titles in general in a myriad of ways.

I would want the user to be able to click on "CNN news" and then a page would be pulled up with the sole (or main) content on the page is just the rss feeds (that were in the component box).... I know I could modify away and maybe a week later have something like this.. but is there an easy way to do this?

This is not really a question then of customizing customize component titles in general but the title and target of RSS feeds in particular.

When you say "a page would be pulled up..." you mean a page from CNN or a page on your blog? The former would depend on whether such a page exists on CNN and the latter would depend on whether or not you could manipulate a service like Feed2JS to do this for you.

I can't see any way to accomplish this using our RSS components, you would need to setup some type of third party service and create a custom component.
trend

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I would like to pull up a page with just that single component (the component that had it's header clicked on)

Possible?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I would like to pull up a page with just that single component (the component that had it's header clicked on) ... Possible?

Possibly.

In general, the components we create for you are components, not pages. They are blocks that appear in your sidebar. There is no page where that component is located.

Again, as noted previously, you can create a custom component and link its title to a Web Page for example.

If you're still asking about an RSS headline where the title is a clickable link to some page on your blog listing those headlines or something, again I can't see any way to accomplish this using our RSS components. You may be able to use a service like Feed2JS to do this for you but I can't say for sure.

If I am misunderstanding what you are trying to create, please send more specific information about what would be in this component, where the content would come from, the intended target location of the link you want to create in this component (on your blog? elsewhere?) and what content you are trying to place at this target location, I will try to help further.
trend

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like any component's title clickable.

The url would go to a dynamically made webpage on blogharbor.

The content on this webpage would be:
static: blog banner
dynamic:the single component

And this single component would be the exact same component that the user just clicked the title hyperlink on.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The short answer is that our components in general can only be used as components in the sidebar, not as individual pages. So I don't think it is possible to do what I think you are describing.
trend

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good.. I was able to make clickable titles for normal components (my custom components)..

But how do I make clickable component titles for RSS news on my website?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The titles are not clickable, only the items in an RSS feed listing. That is not customizable at this time.
BusinessSkills

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Re: Can I setup component titles to be clickable (to hyperli Reply with quote

In general, yes. You should be able to customize component titles in general in a myriad of ways.

John, what is the best way to have the entry title be a hyperlink to the permalink article page? For example, in by site right now, only the little page icon is a link to article page. When I mouse over the article title, it's not. Ideally, the page icon and article title would BOTH be a hyperlink to the article page.

What is the best way to accomplish this and where would I insert the code?

Thanks in advance.

Scott
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: Can I setup component titles to be clickable (to hyperli Reply with quote

See this thread for a step by step explanation about how to do this:

http://forums.blogharbor.com/viewtopic.php?p=1614#1614
BusinessSkills

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Can I setup component titles to be clickable (to hyperli Reply with quote

Damn, you're good. Took 2 seconds. Thanks.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: