BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
mobloging and Rss feed problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sam

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: mobloging and Rss feed problem Reply with quote

>When I publish photos through admin or mobloging, it publishes it on the
>blog right away.
>But, when I moblog it does not feed it to the RSS feed specific to that category.>I have to go and re-publish it as I check mark reset publish to todays
>date and then it feeds to RSS.
>I looked and saw that in the fields when picture captured and it makes up
>a date four hours in the future!( in control panel.)
>
>my email is gmail and it is set to pacific time.
>thank you.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: mobloging and Rss feed problem Reply with quote

OK, I'll repost the response I made when you sent this as a support request. Wink

When I publish photos through admin or mobloging, it publishes it on the blog right away. But, when I moblog it does not feed it to the RSS feed specific to that category.>I have to go and re-publish it as I check mark reset publish to todays date and then it feeds to RSS.

We can not duplicate that. We just tested this and moblogs do appear in the RSS feed immediately. In the category and main RSS feeeds. If you have an example of a post you made that appears on your blog but not in your RSS feed, please submit the URL of that post here.

Remember, unless you post something to your Main Page, it will not appear in your main RSS feed. So if you only post a photo to the photo album and do not post anything to the Main Page, there will be no change to your RSS feed.

Categories do have their own RSS feeds, so your Photos category for example has its own feed here.

I looked and saw that in the fields when picture captured and it makes up a date four hours in the future!( in control panel.)

Do you mean the "Photo Capture Date" listed in the control panel? That information is pulled from the EXIF information contained in the image itself, saved by your camera. Your camera saves that information, we're just reading the information contained in the picture itself.

Last edited by john on Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
sam

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: URL of Photo Reply with quote

http://lafamilyfed.blogharbor.com/blog/Photos/_archives/2005/10/27/1327041.html
this photo is published but, it is not in the PHOTO category rss feed. do I have to publish it to the main feed as well in order that it will feed into the category as well, and do i set it it up either way.
The capture date for photos are not from my photos , because they show a future date.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: URL of Photo Reply with quote

this photo is published but, it is not in the PHOTO category rss feed

Thank you for your persistence, we can confirm that there is something happening under certain conditions which causes a category RSS feed not to get updated when a photo is moblogged... I tried about a dozen times, and could not determine why the feed got updated at some times and not at others. I have filed a bug report on this so that our developers can see what's happening.

The capture date for photos are not from my photos , because they show a future date.

The capture date listed in the control panel is not a future date, it is a past date. I see it listed as Apr 5, 2005 for the photo you refer to. When I download the image and examine the EXIF data, the same date is listed. So this seems to working as it is supposed to...
sam

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: it updated at the future date Reply with quote

it updated the rss feed exactly four hours later, at the future date that showed up in the editable fields of capture date, when I opened the post for editing.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: it updated at the future date Reply with quote

OK, as I said, I am not sure we are still talking about the same thing here...

I still haven't seen any image which shows a "capture date" that was in advance of the current time... Can you point to an example please?
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: