BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
renaming a category doesn't update its articles..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shenia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: renaming a category doesn't update its articles.. Reply with quote

Hi,

When I rename a category, it will be assigned with a new ID for its url address... but the articles within that category don't get updated...and will still use the category's original url and display its original category name on its page...

I've found a way to update the article's category data..that is to go in to each article's editing page and delete the origianal category while adding the newly renamed category....it will be a big problem when there are more and more articles within a category which is to be renamed...

Could this be fixed?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Re: renaming a category doesn't update its articles.. Reply with quote

Yes, we're seeing some sporadic problems with the server not updating articles properly and expect to have this solved today or tomorrow.
tigersi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: still seems to be problem Reply with quote

Hi John,

I tried to rename a category today and noticed the new name is still not flowing into archtived articles.

What's the latest on this issue?
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: still seems to be problem Reply with quote

According to my notes, this was supposed to have been fixed. Can you provide an example URL?
tigersi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: more info Reply with quote

Oh wait, let me modify what I said.

If you rename a category, then the URL does change (I just experimented by changing the category "Academia" to "Academia issues").

However, I got confused because when I opened up the article in the BlogHarbor editor and looked at the category under "article options" it still showed as "Academia," leading me to think there was a problem. Note, "Academia issues" showed up in the drop down list but the category selection showed as "Academia."

Is it possible for the name in under the "Article Options" to change too?

I left the category as is for the moment so you could see what I'm talking about.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: more info Reply with quote

OK, I see what you are talking about. The "Current categories" list does not seem to get updated in the Edit Article page. This appears to be purely cosmetic, it does not appear to affect the blog operation, but the bug has been noted and will be examined by the developers. Thanks for pointing it out.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: