BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Thumbnails and RSS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
artatcomo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Thumbnails and RSS Reply with quote

I often like to crop photos tight and to make them fast loading. When blogware makes a thumbnail for me the heads get chopped off. Having this on my blog makes me look incompetent. I am tempted to use full size photo instead. I worry, though, about my RSS feed. A large photo would probably be disturbing in most feed readers. I could use the sizing feature to resize the photo but I believe the loading would still be as slow as the full size photo. Or I could take the time to make a customized thumbnail every time the photo requires a nonsquare format. Am I missing some tool or technique that will solve this dilemma? Can photos be filtered out of RSS feeds?
http://www.artifactor.org/
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Thumbnails and RSS Reply with quote

If you want to use the Photo Album feature, yes, our system will automatically create your thumbnails. There is no way to create custom thumbnails in the Photo Albums.

If you want your own thumbnails, and you are concerned about posting images in your articles, you can always upload your images to your File Manager, create your own thumbnails for them, and post articles containing those thumbnails.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: