BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Blog This command not working from File Manager

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kazo56

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject: Blog This command not working from File Manager Reply with quote

Very seldom do I have any success posting a photo to Post Article from the File Manager using the Blog This command.

Today, for example, I tried this from a jpg that has been in the File Manager for a few months:

http://www.blogware.com/admin/index.cgi/cmd=post_article/source_file=Publications%252FThomasBockbook.jpg

The image did not post: the little box containing the red cross appeared. This is the usual result. Very frustrating.

However, if I try the Insert Image function on the Post Article page, and search for the image which has already been posted to an album, and then select the Thumbnail size, the image will post. BUT - only sometimes does its larger version post via the same route.

I have followed the "How To " tutorial on this, with no success.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Blog This command not working from File Manager Reply with quote

We're unable to duplicate any issues with the Blog This function.

I opened your blog control panel, browsed through the blog control panel to the File Manager, and opened your Publications folder. Then I clicked the Blog This icon next to your ThomasBockbook.jpg image, and a new blog entry opened which displayed this image already inserted into the body area.

We've tried a number of times to find a problem with this procedure and can not find one, so we think there may be a problem with your browser or your Internet connection. When you experience this issue, do you try quitting and restarting your browser? Does the problem reoccur?

If you are using Internet Explorer, can you try installing Firefox and let us know if this helps you?
kazo56

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Blog This command now working with Firefox Reply with quote

Thank you. Yes, the Mozilla Firefox exe worked: I used the Blog This command on the ThomasBockbook.jpg in question (tasmanianphotographers.blogharbor.com) and it's now posted. The Mozilla browser is pretty lively; it will take me a while to grow accustomed to its face, as the song goes ...
Many thanks, John.
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Beginner's Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: