BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Screen optimization

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sahad

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Screen optimization Reply with quote

Hi John,
Thanks. I read the forum threads. I didn't quite understand it.
This is about the screen optimization of the site VCCIRCLE.COM. It want the site to be optimized for both widescreen and narrow screen.

You said currently my custom header is 867 pixels. How do I fix that and bring that down to 800? Do I need to redesign my logo and make it smaller than what it is now?

Basically, I would want the site to be centred as blogharbor home page looks. What should I do for this?

It would be great if you can provide me with some custome help.

Thanks
Sahad Smile
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Screen optimization Reply with quote

This is about the screen optimization of the site VCCIRCLE.COM. It want the site to be optimized for both widescreen and narrow screen.

Optimizing the design for widescreen and narrow screen... I don't think web designers have been able to agree on the best way to go about that in over a decade...

You said currently my custom header is 867 pixels. How do I fix that and bring that down to 800? Do I need to redesign my logo and make it smaller than what it is now?

Your header requires that width due to the size of the elements you have placed in each of the 3 columns... Moving the 468 pixel wide Google ad would give you the most flexibility...

• One option would be to make the logo a background image to the header row.
  • Another option would be to use a different size for your Google ad there.
  • In conjunction with changing the ad size, maybe by using the the "Link unit" style of Google ads. Read this thread to learn how to add an additional row to your header to hold that unit.
  • Another option would be to move that ad to the top of the center column. You would need to alter your base template to do that, placing the Javascript supplied by Google in the center column.

Basically, I would want the site to be centred as blogharbor home page looks. What should I do for this?

You could use any of these templates, which all use that fixed-width and centered style. Or you could follow these instructions for modifying your existing template to use the fixed-width and centered style. You'll still want to reduce your header width though...
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: