BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Titles all in CAPS - Template Change?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoli

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Titles all in CAPS - Template Change? Reply with quote

John, have the standard templates changed? My post titles are in CAPS all of a sudden ....

Thanks,
Zoli
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Titles all in CAPS - Template Change? Reply with quote

I'm going to suggest you read this thread for a tip on the process for customizing your CSS styles: Generally speaking, it's better to only enter your changes into the Custom CSS area rather than copying the top Current CSS into the bottom Custom CSS and start making changes, for a number of reasons. The first reason is that it makes it impossible for you to move your customizations to another Color Scheme, the second is that there is some bandwidth wastage which results in additional bandwidth usage for your blog and slower page loads for your user, and the third is that it makes it difficult to see what your customizations are...

The only thing you need in the Custom CSS area is the customizations... They will be loaded "over" the default CSS and override any of the defaults. That is why you have chosen the "Bleen" color scheme and your blog still appears to use another scheme.

In your case, your Custom CSS contains the following:

Code:
.articleTitle {
    font-size: 10px;
    font-weight: bold;
    text-transform: uppercase;
    clear: both;
}

which transforms the case of the title. If you alter that:

Code:
.articleTitle {
    font-size: 10px;
    font-weight: bold;
    clear: both;
}

your title will appear cased as you inputted it.
zoli

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, so I messed it up now while experimenting. I picked the Black & Blue scheme when I started the blog, then made a few changes, but definittely not the one about capitalization. Yesterday I played around wtih a few other color schemes, but I thought I did not save any changes...

Thanks,
Z.
zoli

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I've just cleaned it up, so I now have the standard template and my only customization, which is to introduce a 'technoratitags' component.

Interestingly, there is another difference I found between the full-custom CSS (when I copied the entire template) and the standard one: the custom one had a '.componentBlogdescription' component, which does not exist in the standard one. But since I did not create this, I suppose the standard template gets revised from time to time, and I missed it, but having the full custom version.

Thanks for pointing this out!
Zoli
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: