BlogHarbor Home Page
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  UsergroupsRSS   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Simpleviewer Photo Gallery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigskylife

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Simpleviewer Photo Gallery Reply with quote

Hi there,

I couldn't find any reference to anyone using a flash front end to their photos within blogharbor so here goes...

What I would like to do is use the simpleviewer flash application from these guys http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simpleviewer/.

It's really simple and looks good and I'd like to somehow include this in my blog but don't want to start wasting time unless someone with more knowledge of Blogharbor can give me heads up on whether or not they think it would be possible?

It would be great to be able to replace the standard photo gallery with something a little more flashy Smile

I really don't want to have to host it outside and try and make everything look seemless unless I have to.

Any help greatly appreciated

Simon
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Re: Simpleviewer Photo Gallery Reply with quote

It's really simple and looks good and I'd like to somehow include this in my blog but don't want to start wasting time unless someone with more knowledge of Blogharbor can give me heads up on whether or not they think it would be possible?

From what I see, it would not be possible to use this tool as it relies on the PHP programming language which is not supported on our platform.
bigskylife

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

As far as I'm aware it only uses standard html/javascript and the flash component. I use a Simpleviewer template within Google Picasa to output a self contained html gallery which can run locally from a file source.

I have kind of tried it within Blogharbor (uploading the files) but it doesn't load automatically, and I was concerned with how to create a component that would somehow integrate with the existing links for photo albums etc....

Sorry to be a pain.
john
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I'm aware it only uses standard html/javascript and the flash component.

Just double-checked and you're right, the PHP stuff seems only to be for building thumbnails, which you can do manually it says.

I have kind of tried it within Blogharbor (uploading the files) but it doesn't load automatically, and I was concerned with how to create a component that would somehow integrate with the existing links for photo albums etc....

I can't really say how to do it as I am not familiar with this software. Is there a place on your site you have implemented this so we can take a look at it?
bigskylife

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, I have taken it out having failed to get it to work, but I will put it back in so that you are able to take a look. I'll do this shortly as I have a few pressing things to do at the moment.

Thanks again for your help Wink
Search all BlogHarbor support resources.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BlogHarbor Community Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: